The 2011 World Series of Poker Europe was one of the more interesting ones out there, and one that should be incredibly interesting in 2012 as well. Last year’s event was the first time that the WSOP Europe was held in Cannes, France, and the reviews were so good that they have decided to bring it back there for a second straight year. As a matter of fact, the reviews of the series in Cannes were so good, that the Barriere casino (where it was held), and also the World Series of Poker Europe took down the award for the Best European Poker Tournament at the European Poker Awards.
The event will once again be held at the Casino Barriere de Cannes Croisette and the Hotel Majestic Barriere. While it is over a half of a year away, the WSOP Europe wanted to make sure that the players could prepare, so that they could get some huge prize pools and crowds for the event. The official dates of the series will be from September 21st to October 4th. As previously mentioned, this is the second year that the series has been in Cannes, as the first four years were held in London.
As far as the layout of the series will go, it is going to look very similar to last year, because there will be the same seven bracelet events offered. On top of that though, you’ll find that there are a large number of different non-bracelet tournaments offered, as well as a ton of satellites into the big time events that will be running. Last but not least, is the fact that there will be different levels of cash games offered consistently throughout the days as well.
Below is the schedule for the bracelet events at the World Series of Poker Europe, and listed afterwards is the player who took down that event last year:
- €2500 Six Handed No Limit Hold’em- September 21st (Guillaume Humbert)
- €1000 No limit Hold’em- September 22nd (Andrew Hinrichsen)
- €5000 Pot Limit Omaha- September 24th (Steve Billirakis)
- €3000 No Limit Hold’em Shootout- September 25th (Tristan Wade)
- €10,000 Mix-Max No Limit Hold’em- September 26th (Michael Mizrachi)
- €1500 Six Handed Pot Limit Omaha- September 27th (Philippe Boucher)
- €10,000 Main Event- September 29th (Elio Fox)