Holdem Poker  
  Poker Forum > Holdem Poker Tournaments and Strategy > General Poker Chat > The Poker Life

The Poker Life Beyond strategy, poker is a big part of many of our lives.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:50 PM

Poker Karma

Does my karma not get helped every time some guy pushes his A2 preflop when he is on a big stack and I call him off with my kings and he wins? When I do right in my own insignificant life is my circumstance not helped out.? When you finally got that job was your destiny not elevated? When you finally decided to wake up and do those push ups and sit ups was there not a significant increase in the elevation of your constellation? I don't know. Just some food for thought.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on TwitterStumble this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Sponsored links
poker bonus 468X60
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Administrator - HPC Ironman³ - Professional Donkey

lol, yeah, hopefully your Karma will change eventually, but the mind always seems to remember the bad beats and forget about the times we put the bad beat on someone.

"Americans have played poker throughout history. Playing poker on the internet is simply an example of an American tradition evolving into the 21st century. It is unfathomable that poker, an American pastime and game of skill, should be banned for the millions who enjoy playing responsibly."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on TwitterStumble this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:45 PM

Funny how someone else's suckouts are just that, "suckouts" or "bad-beats", but if they favor us, well, that's not a bad-beat, we just "hit something at a slightly negative expectation".

lol
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM

I do seem to do better at Poker and everything else when my spirits are up and my planets are aligned. I don't know if it really has an effect on any actual outcome. I think maybe it might be our attitude that makes us view a situation differently. Like if I'm in a good mood and someone bad beats me...I'm will just say, "Oh well" and move on to the next hand or the next game. And a bad mood might make me be more inclined to sit and sulk over the hand for hours! :sad:

Also I think I play differently when my moods change. I am definitely more aggressive and play more hands when I'm in a bad mood...whereas I think clearer and make better decisions when my mood is good. Just some observations I have noticed. I think maybe Karma is for the bigger things in life like love and relationships, health and happiness....Just my opinion!
Unread 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM

yeasterday i played a cash game and i hit the top 2 pairs a KQ my opponent goes all in ,he has J9 unsuited off course a 10 hits lol , I was like wtf just happend. Perhaps he had been building Karma all week and knew it was time for a suckout.
Unread 04-25-2010, 03:12 AM

I played in the rio poker $25 private free tonight.There was about 40 players and most of them pokerspace members,which i am of also.there was 2 rio staff members playing with $1 bounty on each.Top 5 paid out.Late stages I am chip leader with about 19,000 and second was about 11,000.got to final 7 ppl,I am in bb and utg pushes all in with his 11,000 and i have pocket kings.I knew he had to have ak,aq,aa,I called even though I knew better,he shows aq and hits his a on the turn.I dont tilt much but I donked the rest of my chips off and finished 7th.I know this happens alot to alot of good players but sometimes u just have to lay down a good hand,I wish I would had,I knew basically what he had but didnt have the will to lay it down.
Unread 04-25-2010, 03:15 AM

And gypsy you are right,when your spirits are up and you feel good,you make better decisions and just play better poker.If I am in a bad mood I am like you,I play way to many hands and will play wildly.If I am focused and in a good mood I can sit and play some good poker and usually cash.Thats why I have tried to stop playing poker when i dont feel good or in a bad mood.
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:44 PM

It's all about perspective

I am taking a 2 day personal hiatus from poker to make sure that I am looking at it the right way right now. Over the next 2 days (today is included) I will be drinking Kentucky Straight Bourban Whiskey, and doing some yard work that I have been putting off. I donked off my very small bankroll recently, and I don't think that I am taking lower limits that I've had to drop to very seriously right now. I hope to come back to poker in a couple of days reinvigorated and ready to take down some serious prizes. One thing that I think that I am seriously messed up on right now gos something like this. This game is way too important to me to take so seriously. If that doesn't make sense to you then I don't really know that I could explain it any better, but I am sure that there is truth to the statement. Take care. See you in a couple of days.
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:47 AM

karma points

I believe my Karma increases everytime I fold big cards.

Always seems to pay off in the Big Blind.
Unread 04-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulgood4me View Post
I am taking a 2 day personal hiatus from poker to make sure that I am looking at it the right way right now. Over the next 2 days (today is included) I will be drinking Kentucky Straight Bourban Whiskey, and doing some yard work that I have been putting off. I donked off my very small bankroll recently, and I don't think that I am taking lower limits that I've had to drop to very seriously right now. I hope to come back to poker in a couple of days reinvigorated and ready to take down some serious prizes. One thing that I think that I am seriously messed up on right now gos something like this. This game is way too important to me to take so seriously. If that doesn't make sense to you then I don't really know that I could explain it any better, but I am sure that there is truth to the statement. Take care. See you in a couple of days.
"This game is way too important to me to take so seriously."
What you're saying is that you are hooked on poker and are afraid that if you took it too serious you would probally go broke?